Any student in grades K-12 may concurrently enroll in the Home Based Education Program and another school.
Ideal for Students Who:
- Want to undertake independent studies.
- Want to study at a faster or a slower pace than the classroom allows.
- Want to study a subject not offered by their high school.
- Benefit from not being in a classroom full time for emotional or health reasons.
- Have a learning disability and need additional support provided outside the classroom.
- Are gifted and want to study a subject in greater depth.
- Have a travel opportunity.
When Clonlara School's Home Based Education Program credits are to be transferred to the student’s other school:
- The student's regular school must pre-approve the credits to be earned while enrolled in Clonlara's dual enrollment program. Students must download the Verification of Accepting Credits Form and have it completed by a guidance counselor or other official at the school to which the credits will be transferred.
- Clonlara School must receive both the enrollment form and the Verification For Accepting Credits form before registration is complete.
- Upon completion of approved credits, please submit a transcript request for Clonlara School credits.
For each year that a student re-enrolls, there must be new Verification for Accepting Credit form completed.
Students who are in the dual enrollment program receive all the same services and benefits of our regular high school and/or elementary program.
Regular tuition rates  apply.
At the high school level, students usually work with their guidance counselor to choose what classes they want to undertake as independent study classes with Clonlara advisor services. The classes they choose will fit into their goals for high school graduation and plans after graduation.
High school students should speak to a Clonlara Enrollment Associate before enrolling in this program and will need to have their other school complete a Credit Verification Form .
Please call us at (734) 769-4511 and ask to speak with an Enrollment Associate.